how deadly is the sea apple?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

King_Neptune

Skimmer Skuzz
I saw mine all shriveled up and twisted in a knot today. Ive had him almost 3 years, trust me...this was a bad sign. In a panic I pulled him out and threw him in the fireplace(garbage is risky and backyard has animals). But in my haste, I got some red toxin on my finger tips. Ive heard these things are so bad when they go that you dont even really want to put your hand in the tank. I filled a plastic cup with bleach and soaked my fingers till it started to really burn.

Think that would be enough to neutralize the stuff? Or am I just being paranoid and went way over board.

Glad you are feeling fine currently. Hopefully the bleach took care of it if there was anything on you.

:rofl: Sorry This is too funny... I just have an image of you screaming and whipping the sea apple in the fire and it burst in flames like it was an evil Spirit.

I now have the melody of that whole 'chestnuts roasting on an open fire' song going through my head. of course it's now 'sea apple roasting on an open fire'. Very Christmas-y way to dispose of the sea apple. :lol:

Dude, Things are not going your way this month! Good to know that you weren't affected. Death by Sea Apple would be hard to explain with a straight face during your Eulogy. On a serious note though, sent you a PM on your other issue. Hopefully things turn around.:pray2:

Back