How do I feed this

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanx sponge Bob!!
Wel in a few of my crabs go missin for weeks den appear normal.A few hav jus pain vanished leavin der shell.D latest crab missin is a dwarf zebra hermit dat used always be about and active.Its been about a month. U see my tank is a Jewel 125,dats around 33ish gallons (i think).It does hav plenty of rocks but coz of its small size I wud hav thought I would see all my mobile inverts often.D tank is 7-8 months old and d zebra hermit was one of my 1st crabs dat was introduced into my tank vai live rock. No turbo snails hav died so far!!!I've seen a small brown crab with red eyes dat seems to be strong enough to move light live rock.....don't kno if it'l kill hermits tho....:doubt:

Thats funny I have the oppisite problem..................my hermits are fine but my snails keep drowning.................. beats me;)

I have yet to see a good life span figure for most motile inverts. For all we know, when your zebra got harvested, it may have been near the end of it's rope. Snails, shrimps and others we can get a better gauge of their development because of size. Hermits go from shell to shell as they grow but you really can't tell unless you shuck em. Some hermits are very docile and are not as aggressive as say the dwarf blue legged hermit who will if given the chance cannibalize other hermits or attack and eat smaller snails. In my little experience, do not mix blue's with others, you're just wasting money.

Back