How do I get Copepods?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

marinegeek101

D and L
Hey everyone,

I am trying to see how to get copepods. I want to keep them in my quarantine then hopefully have enough to feed my fish:D . Can you give me some information please and thank you!

D and L

Copods live around your live rock and sand. If you have a fuge they will reproduce well there. There are a few places that sell them or sell things that have them. One is Garf.org (garf grunge) another is this placehttp://www.oceanpods.com/

You may also find them from fellow reefers in your area. In my area we try to trade as much as we can. I also have amphipods which are bigger than copepods.

Lake Ed thanks for the link there was some good info on that page too.

Last edited:
Do not share anything between any other tank and a quarantine system. It completely defeats the purpose of a QT. Any time you share equipment, substrates or anything wet between the QT and the main/fuge or otherwise you risk infesting/infecting all systems involved. Even if this is an initial set up, it generates a very bad habit and potentially dangerous mistakes can/will occur.

Cultivating live foods in a QT is also not very advantageous as a rule. ;)

Look on the sponsors page. There is a gal from Seattle that cultivates copepods and sells them. I purchased a bottle of copepods from her a few months back and now my tank is teaming with them!

Back