How do Koralia or Tunze controllers work?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Craiz

I'd like to understand how the Koralia or Tunze controllers work. All the pumps seem to be rated with a min/max flow. For example with a K6 Controllable it is 800-2400 GPH.

Will the controller ever be able to drop the flow below 800 GPH?

If I go with Koralias I was planning to have 4 of them. However, I'm worried that for the feeding mode I could still have ~3200 GPH moving around + the return pump.

Can anyone who has one comment? Does it drop it down to near 0 when the pump is off? Is the Tunze controller any different in this regard?

I don't know about the Koralia controller, but my Tunze 7091 controller seems to all but shut down the pumps except for very, very short pulses, when you hit the food timer.

Koralia Controller completely shuts down in feed mode; if you wanted to; on the four way you can program in a specific feed time and it will turn off during that time each day and then turn back on at the the time you set it to come back on. In night mode if you have the photo cell it will run all the pumps at 30%. Hopefully this helps!

Thanks for the info. I'm still a little unclear how the pump flow rating (ie 800-2400) relates to the night mode 30% or the lowest a pump is run at during the sequence. Can you configure per pump maximum rates and then the night mode would drop to 30% of that setting?

For example:

Pump 1: Max = 1000gph, night mode = 300gph
Pump 2: Max = 2000gph, night mode = 600gph

What would the flow rates be when "off" during the sequence?

Back