how do u stop a bulkhead

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bighitrider45

clown fish
so ive jsut decided I dont want to have a sump for various reasons so I was wondering if there was a way to plug up a bulkhead?

If this is inside the tank put a plug inside AND outside if possable. If threaded use silicone on the threads instead of plumbers tape as it seals very well. on a slip I agree to glue it in place again on both sides if possable.
:)
paul

hrmmmm not use a sump? What about using it for a closed loop?

Hey I just noticed you had a post that you were using an overflow and it was really loud.

check this out... build a durso.. seriously.. nothing else pop into Home depot and get the stuff...

Another tip is to drill a hole in the top cap of the durso and run vinyl tubing into it and down... and zip tie 7-8 foot of it... it'll be inaudible because the pitch is lowered so much.

We'll help you out man... no need not to use an overflow because it is loud. I learned quick how to fix this when the wife was angry at me because she couldn't hear the TV in the living room.

Last edited:
oh and its not because its too loud, its because I dont trust it, lol i built it myself....so i dont want water to be all over my house lol

We would like some pics... dont trust it.. hrmmmm I've made some ugly things too and sorta iffy about trusting.. let us see some pics.

Back