How does this lighting sound?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

porksoda

Nano-Reefer
Well i have a 55 gallon tank and I want to start growing soft coral in it. And i dont have a lot of money to buy pc's or t-5s or halides. I was wondering if i buy 2 of those $8.00 fixtures at Lowes that can power 2 bulbs and i would like to run 2 40w actinics and 2 40w 10k's. I have one of those fixtures over my tank now. Right now I have one actinic and one actinic on my 55 gallon and i bought a little frag of common polyps and they are all over the place now. So if i go to another set of bulbs would i be able to have more coral and grow better? I really dont nothing else except for some shrooms, polyps, zoa, and a condy anenome. Well let me know what you think.

I've personally never tried them, but if you are having success with the lighting you have now and will add more, I can't see why you would have a problem generally speaking. I guess all you can do is try and see how things go. With that being said though, I'd check out the equipment for sale forums here and see if you can find any good deals on some lights. Sometimes people will basically just want to give them away...I know I have many times. Your best bet would be atleast some pc's but if it is not in your budget right now then I guess you'll have to try whatever you can afford.

Good luck!:)

I've personally never tried them, but if you are having success with the lighting you have now and will add more, I can't see why you would have a problem generally speaking. I guess all you can do is try and see how things go. With that being said though, I'd check out the equipment for sale forums here and see if you can find any good deals on some lights. Sometimes people will basically just want to give them away...I know I have many times. Your best bet would be atleast some pc's but if it is not in your budget right now then I guess you'll have to try whatever you can afford.

Good luck!:)

Hey thanks man for the advice! Just to let everybody know the 2 48 inch light fixtures at lowes work very well for being a low price at $8.47.

Back