How fast do they grow

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brady816

I think i may be crazy but it seems like this coral has grown in the past week. I know corals dont grow that fast but man it looks like it. I dont think he was this big at the lfs. I moved him up on the rocks to get him near the light. Take a look and let me know if im crazy please.

before on the bottom

the new spot...

Either that or it just opened up a lot more being in your tank where the conditions may be better than the tank it came out of at the LFS :)

i agree with Krish..it probably has gotten used to your tank now and it is opening up more..it also could be that you moved it to a spot it does better in!!

I have a torch coral (for almost 2 years) and it seems to have grown a lot more since I got him, I dont know how to explain it how much, but when I bought him he had like 3 little mouths, today he had like 13 and he is a lot bigger :eek2: . Good luck with your hammer:lol:

It hard to tell with a hammer. They can open their tentacles up to amazing sizes giving the appearance of growth. The skeleton size when its retracted would be the best measure of growth.

Mike

Back