how long does a Tunze Turbell last?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sarmo

aka Rob
i've had Rio power heads for two years and they have failed repeatedly. i purchased 5-6 new impellers but these are starting to fail. :mad:
i want something that will last. i know Tunze is expensive and i've heard that they a worth it, but how long do they last?

who has the longest running Tunze and what kind of maintenance have you had to do on it?

I have a Tunze Stream with the electronic controller, been over a year now, It never stopped working but I did Take it out twice for cleaning. If you get one of these also spend the extra cash on the magnetic holder, it will make for better options in location, I hate their clamp on device other than that, it is great. Oh yea also have several Maxi Jets for power heads, they run forever, not problems also, been there over two years now.

I have had a Tunze 7410 for about 6 years, cleaned it twice.
Tunze 6100 Stream about 3 years, clean once to twice a year.
Tunze 6080 Stream about 2 years, clean once to twice a year.
Tunze 6200 Stream about 6 months, haven't had to clean yet.

They all work great and are worth every penny.

charlie said:
Finally gonna take the plunge, huh! :D :D :D

i will when you do.... but have you thought about the wave box instead????

anybody else have an opinion on the wave box verses the 6200 streams???

sarmo said:
i will when you do.... but have you thought about the wave box instead????

anybody else have an opinion on the wave box verses the 6200 streams???

Yeah, I love my 6200 stream and I would have a Wave Box too if I could mount it in my Acylic tank. :)

Hi
I Just Bought Two Tunze 6100 And The Controller, What Mode And Sequence Do You Advice As Well As Where Do I Install The Pumps , My Tank Ia 155 Gal With Mushrooms And Soft Corals

I had to experiment for the best location but the two should be at each end, th controller I ran mine to cycle from as low as it could go to wide open to make the biggest difference.

Welcome To RF BTW:D

Vinegar? You soak stuff in vinegar. I never heard of that. Does it just rinse off or do you need to soak it to get rid of the odor?

As for the original question... Tunze Turbells are great. The wider stream that they produce (as opposed to Rios or Maxis) makes all the difference in the world. I use two 6060's in my 125. Lots of water movement. Everything's happy.

Back