Votes: 14 22.2%
  • 6-10 gallons

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • more than 10 gallons

Votes: 24 38.1%

• Total voters

Krish

RF STAFF
Pretty much everyone has to top off. How much water do you lose a week to evaporation etc? If you like you can also state on what size tank. :)

Last edited:
We currently have a 70 gal DT with a 36"x15" footprint with 2 blowing and 2 sucking 4" computer fans built in to the canopy. 4-6 gallons is my guess as our ATO container is 30 gal and we need to fill it every 4-6 weeks depending on weather.

I lose about 4 gallons/day on my 200, a gallon/day on the 24 Nano and about 1 1/2 gallons/day on the 40.

This adds up to a whoppin' 45 1/2 gallons/week.

That's insane! I can see where it makes sense for people like you to have your own ro/di unit. I buy my ro/di water which costs $4.50 for 5 gallons. If I can remember correctly, I use to run through about a gallon every 2 days or so on my 75gal. My aquapod, was more like a gallon every 4-5 days. :)

Last edited:
Im still using the bucket every morning so I can say it changes threw the year. In the winter and summer I can use 2 or more gallons a day but in the spring and fall it can be as low as less then a gallon on a 210 gallon standard foot print. So lets say 7 to 14 gallons a week

I'm going through 2 1/2 gallons a day with my 230. It used about half of that before I added my larger sump. This new sump with a built in fuge has really inreased evaporation rate.

I top-off a 15g tall weekly. I add my dosing chemistry into the RO/DI water based on a weekly dose. It drops about 2-3g/day for my 125DT+inline 12g refugium. I'd hate to figure how much the next build will consume when I upgrade next spring to a 250DD peninsula.

I lose about a gallon to a gallon and a half a day on both my 20's and about a 1/4 gallon a day on the 5.5 gallon.

Well my ATO was doing about 6-8 gal a week on my 55 with compact fluorescent lighting. I just finished setting up my new 90 this weekend with dual 250W pendants so I am expecting my ATO water consumption to go WAY up.

Ichthys

I lose 4-5 gallons a day so 30-35 per week, my 55 gal drum reservoir usually gets me through about a week and a half.

Back