How many reefers in the Poconos?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

poconofishy

Hi everybody!
I just found this forum. Where is everybody located? I'm in Gouldsboro. Not far from Tobyhanna and Mt. Pocono.

We are mainly located in southern pocono area. Mt Effort, Kresgeville. We have one from Flanders NJ and one from Kingston by WB. You are prolly bout 30 min northeast of us

I am at the top of mt effort by long pond road. welcome to rf. this is a realy good site with a lot of good people and information. what kind of set up do you have?

cool. is it afish only or do you keep corals also?

Welcome Greg!! Canada you say - Make sure to stop in and say Hi to Dave for me at The Cooks Touch on 390. Haven't been up in your neck of the woods for a while. If you can make Dec 17th it would be cool. Prolly at Mine (Kresgeville bout 45 min from you) or Steves(Mt Effort) house. Just gather shoot the **** and trade frags. I think we are leaning toward Steves. Let us know what kind of system you have! We are also participating in a laid back club like ours in the Lehigh Valley. Is good to get free or cheap frags!
http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20476

I go to Cook's all the time, Dave and Cindy are some cool folks. Actually I used to work in the same place when I was a kid, then it was called Uguccioni's. I'm only 2 1/2 miles from them.

I run a mixed reef. I have a 90g with a 30g sump. I run the 6 light tek T5 setup, er cs8-2 skimmer, tunze streams with the controllers, and a chiller.

I have quite a few sps's some lps and softies (need to get rid of a bunch).

Here are a few pics
tankshot 11-15.jpg

tankshot 11-15 2.jpg

tankshot 11-11.jpg

tankshot 11-11 2.jpg

WOW those picks came out big, :shock:

I still have a touch of GHA I've been battling since a partial crash in july. I went to Canada and the person watching the tank didn't realize one of the breakers kicked, it just so happeded to run the streams and the chiller. Once she noticed the fish dying she knew something was up, it was too late then for a bunch of stuff. I't almost all gone now so I'm starting to enjoy the tank again.

Greg

hi greg your tank looks great. what is the red coral in the top picture to the left?
steve

its realy nice are they pretty hardy?
that would be cool if you can make the meet. it will be on the 17th at my house noonish. if you want Ill pm you directions.
steve

It has been very hardy for me..... I got it as a frag that was about 1/2" long, it had some tissue loss when I first put it in the tank, I really didn't think it was going to make it, now it is about the size of a hardball.

Sweet! Tank looks nice. If you are getting overwhelmed by anything I am sure Steve and I could relieve you of some frags or items. I do not have many sps (one so far) some lps and shrooms and zoo's. oh yeah and a few leathers

If ya scroll down a little to the Additional Options box when you reply to a thread and click the manage attachments box it will do thumbnails for ya that you can click in the post!

Back