How many tanks do you have up and running?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

idgy

I am thinking of add a 34 gallon tank in addition to my 58 gallon tank.

Do you have more than one tank? Is it a pain to have to clean two tank and make water changes etc.

Currently right now. I have 2 tanks. 29g which was supposed to be my QT tank but after working on my 75g some it's now got some xenia and GSP in there along with some rocks. I'll be working on getting another one setup here in the future. Is it a pain, I wouldn't really say it's a pain, it just takes some more time and some money. Additional salt, etc. etc. etc.

I currently have a 90 fowlr, 12 nano reef, and a 20 hospital.
No problem with cleaning. I love my setups and do the maintenance at the same time just a little longer.

Last edited:
I have a 55g reef
55g newly set up frag tank (will be adding clownfish soon---I only have a couple frags)
12g nano currently using for chaetomorphia harvets (just sold some too)---supposed to be my QT tank

I also have a 180g FW that houses 9 clown loaches and about 30+ rainbowfish and a few tetras

AND...av29g FW housing a pleco whih I will be breaking down soon

I like maintainng my tanks. It is what I call my "stress relief." So no, for me, it is not a pain.

Regardless of FW or SW, reef, it takes time, and if you don't hae the time or enjoy what you are ddoing, forget it. It will be a pain for you.

I don't work, so besides my art and this aquaria hobby, what else do I have to do??? =)
People must think I am nuts to have so many tanks.

I have a 90, 75, 55, 25 all mixed reef with anemones, and a 20g hospital tank. I also have a few more waiting to be set up that I am currently collecting equipment for as time/money allows.

120 and a 40. Soon Ill have a 65 tied into the system with the 40. Other than transporting water for WCs on the 40 due to its remote location it isnt that much more work.

I got a few

12 60 gallon fwlr,all running to one sump,with 4x65 wt 4 stage uv,a 6 ft.top phatom venturie skimmer,and your basic 1 hp return pump.4 90 gal tru views that are run via 30 gal long refugium,with a Barr skimmer 1620,i believe.5 custom made 42 gals.hooked to a 300 gal stock tank with a 6 ft Top phatom,and a precision marine bullet 3 beckett skimmer,and 3/4 hp return[also runs both skimmmers.A 90 gallon predator tank with a butt load of live rock,mag 24 to keep it stired up and a black rectangluar skimmer who name escapes me at the moment.A 75 gal[my baby]also hooked to a 30 long refugium,with a coralife needle wheel 220[awesome skimmer for the price by the way]and a phos ban reactor.And finnaly a 8 ft truview 90 gal observation tank/quaratine tank hooked to a wet dry,with a coralife skimmer a coralife 36 wt uv.........and o ya a 30 gal with a lonely peacock wrasse,with a choclate chip star[was suppose to be a hospital tank,but never needed it]........Damn when it's all written out like this it almost looks like i might have an obsession...............water changes?Don't even get me started.

I have a 180 w/55gal sump and a 26 gallon bow front tied into it (reef) a 50 Gal Cube in the bedroom which is a FOWLR, a 12 Gal Freshwater, a 55Gal Freshwater and a 12 Gal Salt QT Tank which is only setup if I need it. I am looking to add a 20 or so gallon frag tank to the 180 system...

i have a 55 and a 32 setting up a farm system under sunlight will probly end up being a couple of thousand liters when done i dont know how i gonna mange water changes on that but hey its going to be a bussiness so will probly end up really tricked out and stuff

Back