How much is your electricity bills.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

700 Rubels?....... Pesos? .......Bahamian dollar? JK. Ouch, Mine only cost that much for two months combined when the X-mas lights are up.

My tank costs only $60 a month.

Last edited:
I have about 3800 SQF and my bill comes every 2 months. Its between 50 to 60 bucks.

We have a Gas heater and furnace.

Havent gotten the bill yet for the addition of my 60 gallon reef yet.

My tank costs only $60 a month.[/QUOTE]

Duane-
So thats why I saw you climbing the electrical pole last month. I was wondering what the orange extention cord from the pole to your garage window was for:D

thanks for the info cesar. gonna have to get the make and model for my water heater. how was the wiring, was it hard to put in? are these timers located so you can change the time easily without opening the water heater panel?

Bahamian dollars = US dollars here. No difference. My wife said that her uncle just got his electricity bill for his house (single story) and it was $1200! :eek: Gas prices are really high here (almost $6.00 per gal). :doubt:

My tank costs only $60 a month.

Duane-
So thats why I saw you climbing the electrical pole last month. I was wondering what the orange extention cord from the pole to your garage window was for:D[/QUOTE]

Naw, the cord was for the trailer and I was climbing the pole for another motion sensor light. I have undergound utilities. I tapped in when I dug in the third driveway last year :lol:

Duane-
So thats why I saw you climbing the electrical pole last month. I was wondering what the orange extention cord from the pole to your garage window was for:D

Naw, the cord was for the trailer and I was climbing the pole for another motion sensor light. I have undergound utilities. I tapped in when I dug in the third driveway last year :lol:

I have about 3800 SQF and my bill comes every 2 months. Its between 50 to 60 bucks.

We have a Gas heater and furnace.

Havent gotten the bill yet for the addition of my 60 gallon reef yet.

Whats going on Marysville.... why so cheap? can you explain in detail? is it just the usage is too small or its really cheap...

wow.

Portland OR 960 sf 1950's era house with no storm windows... winter will be interesting. Currently we are at 120 a month gas and electric together. We bought the house in march so don't know winter costs. I am running a 55 reef with 4 t5 ho bulbs (corals doubled in size in 6 months with this!) and 2 3 foot t5 HO bulbs on freshwater, 3 65 watt pc bulbs also freshwater. We bought the lowest usage appliances possible, think it's helping. Gotta ditch the 80's era furnace though.
it's kinda funny people worry about the cost of running a fishtank and leave the giant tv and computer running, stereo and room lights... In ceiling basement lights when we moved in had standard screw in bulbs totalling 800 watts if you did not turn them off when you went upstairs. Add another 200 watts to leave the lights on outside to scare off the prowlers (which only makes it easier for them to see what is in our shed on the weekly visit) Am thinking an electric fence for the prowlers, what wattage would that have to be? :)
Seriously, at the last house we rented electric bill with a computer on 24/7, reef tank and 250 watt halide for the orchids our electric bill was 80 bucks a month.
Kate

Back