How much money to drink skimmer juice?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hmm not sure that skimmate is really green! Maybe he just dosed some phyto or something. Either way it would take quite a bit more than $20 for me to do that...:lol:

And all it takes is one dead palyzoa to have had its innards brought into the cup and you die of palytoxin. Likely? Probably not. But possible enough I'd never try it for any amount of money? Absolutely. Hint: palytoxin is a superpowerful neurotoxin found in paly's . . . Not a pleasant way to die.

Sheesh, my husband had friends over and he loves to show off the smell of his skimmate "disgusting". Well they are car salesman and love to pull pranks on each other, so one of his friends took some skimmate out and put it in one of the other guys beer. The guy with the beer took a drink and knew it was tainted instantly. I thought that was as low as a person can get. I wasn't here when it happened, but I heard about it. Glad I don't have friends like that! They like to sting eachother with stun guns too, how fun, lol, not. You would think the guys would grow up considering they're 30-40 years of age...

Last edited:
And all it takes is one dead palyzoa to have had its innards brought into the cup and you die of palytoxin. Likely? Probably not. But possible enough I'd never try it for any amount of money? Absolutely. Hint: palytoxin is a superpowerful neurotoxin found in paly's . . . Not a pleasant way to die.
AND there is no known cure or anti-venom/toxin..

Back