how to change flow

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ollie51

is there any way i can replace my powerheads ,1 tunze 2200 gph 1 seio 1100 gph so that i dont have big units in the tank they take up too much room and i dont like the look, the tunze is so powerful i can only point it at the back wall ,or it starts a storm anywhere else ,or is blasting my corals and the polyps dont come out any suggestions?

Tearing down the tank and having it drilled for a closed loop usually isn't an option. So maybe a over the top closed loop?

On my 240 I have a Poseidon P3 that has a pvc pipe going over the back wall, down into the tank on the suction side. The outflow side goes to 2 sea swirls.

How about something like 2 seio 1500's?

i would like to get the powerheads out ,how or where did you get or set up the over the back system?

water flow?s

I upagraded to 4 hydor 3's 850 gph "on Product box" In 75 gallon where would you place these? Only othe thing giving flow is still the tom aquaticsproskimmer,<and thanks i pm'd Whisper...>
thank you..:D

There is a video on Youtube were a guy drills a hole in the back of his tank while it is setup. He took out enough water so it was below where he needed the tank drilled at. Then placed a cup inside the tank where he was drilling the hole at. The cup was pressed against the glass to make sure all the chips and debris was caught in the cup. You would have to have the plumbing setup at least to a ball valve before drilling so the water can be raised as soon as possible. This a two person job since you need someone to hold the cup.

I had a simular thing i just pointed mine across the top of my tank so one on each side the flow past each other across the top seemed to slow it down a bit and the seio should have slide on the side to shut off to slow your flow.might help.

Why not get the rock for the tunze and seio so it looks like a part of your rockwork (build up ) and then you could add some coral around it so its covered

Back