How to find the good place for tube anemone?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

quibrzif

Hi! If you kept tube anemone, can you advice on how to find the suitable place for it?

I have the big pink-orange tube anemone for 7 months, it was tubeless and had grown the new tune, but after changing flow in the tank to suit the corals, it left the tube two days ago and sits now between rocks.

Bristle worms bothered it, it could be the cause too. I don't know efficient methods of bristle worms control, and reducing food for the tank is not an option.

If the leave was caused by flow, how could I know, that the flow is good for it, and it will not leave the place again?

Thanks.

I have a tube anemone it doesnt matter where i put it it always moves to a different spot untill it finds the spot that suits it best Right now mine is in a 1 inch diameter hole in a rock in the corner of my tank it's been there for 4 or 5 months now

"If the leave was caused by flow, how could I know, that the flow is good for it, and it will not leave the place again?"

All anenomes as far as I know will move as the flow in your tank changes. Some just an inch or so others will move and start looking again !

If you change your flow so it does not change nearbye the annome. I would think you'd be better off.

:)

Paul

Only Indicators of bad areas :-( However

Check that the flow is not too strong in any one direction yet constantly moving.

Generally once they stay put for a week or so not moving, they will stay put. Until conditions in your tank change.

It should be away from closed loop and powerhead inlets and be in the open light wise not hiding underneath a rock.

Last edited:
Thank you! Hopefully, it will stay in this place for some time. I'll try to make the cave for a body, combined from few rocks. I did that already for condy anemone in another tank and it approved.

Back