how to frag

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

scottmdebord

hay all i have a leather that i want to frag for a freind . i just dont know if i can frag it like any other softy or if i have to do something differnt if anyone knows it would be much help thanks all

Just cut a piece of the top off with some sharp scissors. Place or glue the piece to some rubble or a frag plug. place it around the same place in the tank for about a week. then give your friend a call.

I hear for softies to take the coral and hold it on the rubble, frag plug with a rubberband.

there are some good diy youtube videos on how to do this. very intersting to watch

Scott,

You can just cut off any piece. just make sure it has a polyp or two and it will be just fine. Secure it to something stable so it doesn't blow around the tank

What works best for me is cutting a piece or usually allot of pieces trying to get base and polyp on each piece. I then drop in a tank with low flow on coarse substrate so they attach on their own if this is not possible I use a rubber band to hold in place on rubble making sure it is only tight enough to loosely hold in place otherwise it will cut through. Glue has never worked for me with fresh cut softies they have always separated. A good site to check is Garf.org

Agree with rubber band. Just make sure its not too tight. I have had them fall apart from tissue necrois caused y the band...

if need to frag .....solid ground is required a lot

cut it into half till the bottom and stick it with a super glue ..on a small piece of rock

and wowla

new frag ready to use ....

new frags always grows faster then the fraged piece ...fact

Back