How to get rid of coralline

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Now what about the over flows? my plastic overflow is covered inside a glass tank? how would you clean that

Will have to give a try to the urchin because I can keep the front and sides clean but the back is to hard to get to.

You need to get a flipper scraper!! I love mine it works so good I never get my hands wet scraping anymore.
IMG_0265.mp4

Not all urchins are reef safe, right? Are pencil urchins the only ones that are? Are they a bowl in a China closet about knocking corals over? I have some large snails that I've dubbed Turbo the terrible because of that!

Will have to give a try to the urchin because I can keep the front and sides clean but the back is to hard to get to.

Only put an urchin in a softy tank. They are bulldozers. Anyone want a flipper I will sell or swap mine. It is too weak on my 1/2 thick glass and I am used to a life time using razor blades and magnet pads.

Coralline grows fast in my tanks too. I have used the flipper scrapper too, works well but slow for me. I'm using a wider razor blade, available at hardware stores.

I have a glass tank and I have never used a razor blade. I have a toothbrush, and I use the side of the top part, and that takes the algae off.

Still, four years later, a toothbrush is my favorite tool in the aquarium :lol:

Back