How to get to 50

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogfrog

latezonatus
I now see how easy it is to get to the 50 post count. Bring back dead threads with " Any updates " or better yet " I like your build ".

Hum. One newbe got 5+ post counts in less then 2 hours. Need to pat them on the back for bring back the dead.

Just venting:evil:
Mark

I now see how easy it is to get to the 50 post count. Bring back dead threads with " Any updates " or better yet " I like your build ".

Hum. One newbe got 5+ post counts in less then 2 hours. Need to pat them on the back for bring back the dead.

Just venting:evil:
Mark

well now that you mention it, I got one more.:badgrin:

And jgalvin just proved my point . Grr:lol::evil::lol::evil::lol::evil::evil::evil:

When I first came to Reef Frontiers I did a lot of looking around and reading before I felt comfotable posting. I mistakenly brought up dead threads and it turned out to be a good resource for me and I feel that the welcome I recieved as a newbe kept me around to help others in the future. jgalvin may only have 7 posts but his first 6 seemed to be pretty relevant.

Jason

Does it really matter? Every forum that I've ever been on has the same issue with low post count. I think people forget that they were once post less. Were all of your first 50 post relevant OP? It’s not really “post whoring” giving someone a compliment. Again, does post count really mean a damn thing? It doesn’t. It just means you’re new on a particular forum. High post count doesn’t make you 1337 nor does it mean you know it all. Does complaining about post counts make you a better poster than the guys with the low post count? Really, I think it is post whoring creating a thread about low post counts. If it affects you to see people complimented, I’d love to know why it does so. It would be different if somebody did this over a couple of days. I think that is one of the reasons they invented a “MOD”. I could be wrong or I myself might just want to get closer to that 1337 number of 50…lulz :p

Thanks Jason, I was just joking with my earlier post (i did post a smiley). I could care less how many posts I have. I did already set up my tank thread (which i need to update).

When I first came to Reef Frontiers I did a lot of looking around and reading before I felt comfotable posting. I mistakenly brought up dead threads and it turned out to be a good resource for me and I feel that the welcome I recieved as a newbe kept me around to help others in the future. jgalvin may only have 7 posts but his first 6 seemed to be pretty relevant.

Jason

Does it really matter? Every forum that I've ever been on has the same issue with low post count. I think people forget that they were once post less. Were all of your first 50 post relevant OP? It’s not really “post whoring” giving someone a compliment. Again, does post count really mean a damn thing? It doesn’t. It just means you’re new on a particular forum. High post count doesn’t make you 1337 nor does it mean you know it all. Does complaining about post counts make you a better poster than the guys with the low post count? Really, I think it is post whoring creating a thread about low post counts. If it affects you to see people complimented, I’d love to know why it does so. It would be different if somebody did this over a couple of days. I think that is one of the reasons they invented a “MOD”. I could be wrong or I myself might just want to get closer to that 1337 number of 50…lulz :p

It really does matter, when you see someone who's OBVIOUSLY posting frivolous posts, just to get to their 50 count minimum, in order to buy/sell. Reef Frontiers isn't about buying/selling. It's about being a Contributing Member. Lately, we've seen several people, who are OBVIOUSLY padding their post counts, in order to reach their 50 posts. Yesterday, it was ridiculous.

There's lots of different sources for buying selling and trading, but although reef frontiers is a great source for it that's not what it's about. It's more about the exchange of great stories, info, and tips. How about you try and put some real info out, and ask for responses from seasoned veterans. I've gotten some great corals through this site, but the information is far more valuable.

I get that Sid, it was the reply to the other that got to me. If it's done over a few days, it obvious. On the other hand, it really doesn't hurt much. There are bigger issues in the world than the buying/trading of fish related thangs. Some older post are quite helpful and might not not have come up again until searched.

Regardless, if someone buys something from someone with a recent join date who has post whored their way to be able to post in those threads...well, maybe they are not too smart, eh?

Too many eFeelings on forums. It's just the interwebz mang!

There's lots of different sources for buying selling and trading, but although reef frontiers is a great source for it that's not what it's about. It's more about the exchange of great stories, info, and tips. How about you try and put some real info out, and ask for responses from seasoned veterans. I've gotten some great corals through this site, but the information is far more valuable.

You get it! The wealth of info here is much more valuable than the buy/sell/trade sections. :)

I agree with the guidelines of 50 posts to sell and no matter what forum you go to you will get people padding their post count. It is tough not to get upset but the guideline is the guideline. 50 posts is 50 posts and it does not say anything about not padding your post count.

I am new here and I have made some mistakes when it came to posting. Misspellings or misunderstandings that long time members that have 1000's of post are quick to jump all over and prove me wrong. Almost like they wanted to start an argument. Made me feel real welcome to come back, NOT! However I did come back and I have tried to post quality posts on topics I know more about.

We all have the right to vent but not slam a person because they are following the rules and guidelines of the forums. If the founders of the forums are going to make rules or guidelines of 50 posts they should expect some people to pad their post of post for rank. I would like to think they made it 50 posts rather than 30 because they expected people to post for rank.

Just my two cents, although I am with you I would rather have 50 quality posts than simple bumps or nice pictures. Maybe they can mod the forums so that the member showcases posts do not count towards your posting count. That would take care of nice pictures postings for rank. Now how far do you take this, after all we all should be focusing on reef keeping not so much what others are doing or who is selling what.

Last edited:
I was at barely any posts and then I started getting more serious into my set ups now I am almost at 50 I just would of liked to have access to all aspects of the forums thats about it.

intresting that out of the last 20 threads one person is almost 50% of the last post on each of them. But noooo they are not upping their post at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back