how to look for a breeder

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spongebob lover

flea whisperer
ok i was wondering if anyone knows any good german sheperd breeder around Seattle area?.
We're thinking about getting a dog and so it seems like everytime i google for a breeder all i get it's someone around New York and just out of Washington and i'm sure they're good but i rather meet the breeder in person and stuff like that :p :).

Gabby, you have 2 little kids AND you want a puppy?! I KNEW there was something wrong with you! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding of course! :D

I have 2 little kids and I got a puppy and oh boy, I wish I could go back in time and NOT get the puppy! But oh well, he'll only live for 15 years, after that I will be free :D

Gabby, you have 2 little kids AND you want a puppy?! I KNEW there was something wrong with you! Just kidding of course!

I have 2 little kids and I got a puppy and oh boy, I wish I could go back in time and NOT get the puppy! But oh well, he'll only live for 15 years, after that I will be free

LMAO!!! i knwo i'm nuts :D .
we're not gonna get the dog right away, we're checking around and just doing my research on the breed because i also like the rottwheilers but the husband thinks that one would be to strong of a breed right now :p .
we'll probably get the dog during the summer :D which by then Olivia will be getting close to 2 years old and antonio will be 5 and since Antonio is going to school, definetly i'll have free time to train the dog and take him/her for long walks :D.
Like i said i'm trying to figure out what type of dog i want :p... i also thought about old english sheep dog but that'd be to much brushing for me :lol: :p , then i thought about an english mastiff but that'd be to big :lol: and be more like having another human in the house:lol:.

I'm with Julia! I just had to have another dog when one passed.... Scott says well IF you HAVE to have another dog think about a Springer..... omg I can't wait for 15 yrs to pass. I believe if you commit to an animal you are stuck. I don't believe in passing them around.

I think the nightmare is that I've always had little annoying spoiled little dogs; so their bad behavior is manageable due to their size. So the Springer was raised poorly again by me, and he thinks he's 10 pounds since I raised him that way. He sits on the back of the couch, sits in your lap, knocks you around, he's just spoiled rotten.

Oh, and he barks more than the little dog. :) THat's probably my fault too for some reason. :)

I hope Scott doesn't read this. :)

I think the nightmare is that I've always had little annoying spoiled little dogs;

LOL!!! :lol:
you gotta show your dog who's the boss girl :D :p , i agree you need to put a lot of work and time into a dog otherwise forget it, he/she is gonna be the "pack leader" of the house.
Colleen what made you and Scott think about a Springer spaniel ? i mean aside from they're really cute dogs :) because that's where the husband and i are at right now :p ... he likes beagles, pointers (he's planning on taking the dog hunting' so he's thinking of a sort of hunting dog) i like more rottwheilers, german sheperds,english sheep dogs, huskies etc :p...so far the only breed we agree is german sheperds :p

Scott had Springers in the past.

If he reads this he will want to assure his point was clear... IF I HAVE To have another dog. He wanted NO dog. :) He's so smart sometimes. :) The lingo I heard was "they make nice family dogs." I've never felt more loved than by Rusty, the Springer in question. :)

Your husband can borrow Rusty for hunting. There is nothing here in Lynnwood for Rusty except for the occasional crow in the backyard. Oh, he also removed all the red cardinals from the downstairs Christmas tree and ripped them to shreds. Nice red dye spot on the carpet. :)

I've never been able to be the boss to the dogs. When they look at you with all that love and adoration, I just melt and let them do what they please. However I have no problem being a mean mean mom to the kids, that's different.

:)

I've never been able to be the boss to the dogs. When they look at you with all that love and adoration, I just melt and let them do what they please. However I have no problem being a mean mean mom to the kids, that's different.

lol i know :p how can you be mad at such a cute little face :D .

Your husband can borrow Rusty for hunting.

kewl, thanks i'll let the husband know :)

Gabby, I am gonna throw my .02 in here just cuz. I like pure bred dogs, and they are nice to have, but I think your family would be happier if you went to the pound and got a mixed breed. In the long run, pure breds seem to have more problems because of the inbreeding involved. I have 2 pound puppies around the house, Willis and Sena, and they have had the greatest personalities, and have never been bad around children. Of course the kids seem to get run over at times because both of them are big dogs, but the kids get over it pretty quick. Just my opinion, OK?

I agree, purebreeds almost always have issues. Sometimes you get lucky and dont have any... We have a Flat Coated Retriever, and we love him to death. but issues like hip displasia in goldens, or ACL tendon issues, and many others, I think now that giving a home to one of millions of dogs sitting in pounds waiting for the day to come when they are taken home is so much better. And they always have so much more love and affection, thankfulness. And those ones are many times the hardiest of dogs.

If you do endup going the pure bred way, get a Flat coat... Great with kids! We have had two and we loved them so much. And, they are so uncommon, no one knows what they are and they love to hear the story about them!!!

P1030092.jpg

Last edited:
thanks doods :) .
we thought about trying again but since we have kids, we're not allowed :( and i know probably the breeder is not gonna let us get the dog either but at least we wanna check and see, my kids are really good with dogs unlike other kids that go pulling tails, hitting them, poking them and stuff :p (and yes even the little one is nice to dogs) .... we'll see, i mean if they say ok we can adopt a puppy from the pound, then definetly we'll get one but if not and they want more money for each application like they have done it in the past then we're just gonna search and wait until the time comes :) .

Why don't you just go down to the pound, find something you think you like, then have someone else go pick it up for you? If I understand you correctly, the pound was telling you that you couldn't have a puppy???

Why don't you just go down to the pound, find something you think you like, then have someone else go pick it up for you? If I understand you correctly, the pound was telling you that you couldn't have a puppy???

that's not a bad idea,
ya dood, well the first time we did it, was(4 years ago)by the petco adoption on line thingy and we copyed the paper and sent the paper with 50 bucks since we saw a puppy we liked, well after a week, they just sent us a paper saying that we weren't the right couple for the dog and that's about it, no money back, no nothing :doubt:, my husband was gonna do it again because he saw at that time another puppy but i told him forget it, we're not gonna waist 50 bucks everytime we see a puppy we like and then have them say ...ohh that dog is not the right thing for you, but i'm keeping the money anyways:rolleyes::p:lol:

I can't believe that!!! How do they know who is the proper owner for a dog, and yet collect 50 for saying that. That is just wrong.

Look at it this way, you could end up with something that looks like this:::eek:

DSCN1463.JPG

I can't believe that!!! How do they know who is the proper owner for a dog, and yet collect 50 for saying that. That is just wrong.

Look at it this way, you could end up with something that looks like this::

i know dood, that's why we just decided to forget about it :p but may be i'll just show up at a pound this time around and see what they have to say :).

you got 2 cute dogs dood, BUT i still like more the pic of him with his duck :D :lol: that one is definetly a winner

Back