How to mod a maxijet 1200

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

What are you trying to accomplish?
What skimmer are you using?

Oh I see its the CPR
More air/fine bubbles. Dont know how your going to get that from a MJ.

Last edited:
I wouldn't stick a mod on a skimmer.

BUT... if you ment you already have a 1200 from your skimmer (that you arent using anymore). Then that makes more sense.

Come on guys, who cares what he wants to do with the powerhead? Tell him how to mod the thing, it is a good experience to have! I am curious myself... :)

MJmods.com (they are a sponsor of ours :) )

Follow all of the links. You will eventually get to a RC thread that shows step by step.

If you are going to mod the maxjet for your CPR BACPAC skimmer make sure you still have the venturi connected and working.

here you go...:)

this isnt exactly for the maxijet, but people mod all types of impellars in this thread, you will get the idea...
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1005653&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Hrm thats neat, I will read through the 400234132 pages throughout my 8hr shift today :p I have an urchin, and I know it works different than most skimmers due to the injection method.

I dont know if that mesh wheel mod would have any positive effect on an urchin/remora/injection type skimmer, what do you think skimmerwhisperer?

Back