how to move your tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Snoqualmie. Beautiful little town...

Snoqualmie Washington...I've been to Washington when I was 16 for the entire month of August (actually stayed pretty close to the border of Canada with my uncle in a small town called Colville). It was so hot during this time, that we wore shorts the whole stay, so too much heat could quite possibly have been the case, but was not specified in the first post. All I've really been trying to get across here is that you have to be careful offering advice going on assumptions (without full details) as it wasn't stated until later that it would be cold during the move and the need for heat was the concern. I've seen many people end up in a bind because they "assumed" what a person meant and offered some advice which was why I didn't offer any advice on the heat situation until I got more info. If I would have assumed what I thought the original poster meant in his first post, I would have said get ice packs and I would have been wrong so my point is to just be a bit careful when offering advice... Please don't take it that I was picking on you because I'm not. Everyone here who knows me knows I'm not that kind of person. :)

Last edited:
Appreciate it. Thanks for the concern. I will take your advice under consideration. My recommendation was spot on however. Reason? I live here. I know the weather. I know the area he lives in. I know the altitude of Snoqualmie and I knew the weather on the day he wrote the post. He also stated he would be moving the tank on Sept 7th. Which is the time I may be in his back yard so to speak, bow hunting as I've done in that area since the early 70's. Although we usually have was is typically called an "Indian" Summer, this year has been very different. Colder. Wetter. (is that a word? wetter?) Anyway, I had a slight advantage knowing the weather & area and the advice I gave was based on that knowledge not on assumptions. Again. Thanks for your concern...

I forgot to add. I totally agree with you...

Last edited:
Appreciate it. Thanks for the concern. I will take your advice under consideration. My recommendation was spot on however. Reason? I live here. I know the weather. I know the area he lives in. I know the altitude of Snoqualmie and I knew the weather on the day he wrote the post. He also stated he would be moving the tank on Sept 7th. Which is the time I may be in his back yard so to speak, bow hunting as I've done in that area since the early 70's. Although we usually have was is typically called an "Indian" Summer, this year has been very different. Colder. Wetter. (is that a word? wetter?) Anyway, I had a slight advantage knowing the weather & area and the advice I gave was based on that knowledge not on assumptions. Again. Thanks for your concern...

No problem man...I slightly edited my post while you were typing incase you want to re-read, but basically says the same thing:)

Back