How to turn OFF 75 GPD RO/DI 5 Stage *PLUS* System

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DTECH07

M.I.A
Just purchased the system and have it installed under my sink but how do you stop the RO/DI from work and yet use your sink? Soound simple but I need directions please and thank you.

Dtech07:doh:

Hey is this what I'm looking for?
DSCN1491.JPG

I have it directly hooked to to my cold:
DSCN1495.JPG

CONNECTION:
DSCN1496.JPG

I was going to let the 5gal bucket to fill then cut 6-8inches into the Red (in line) and place the check valve? Are there better ways?

Dtech07

I'm assuming that that gray tube is still going to your sink faucet?

You can just place a ball-valve on the tube coming out of your DI (where the filtered water comes out). When you shut this valve it will force water out your faucet. It will be easier to open and close the valve if you place it on the DI output rather than under your sink.

If you do as TheH suggested then you need to make sure your RO/DI has an Auto Shut Off Valve built into it or I believe waste water will keep running.

I placed on the In take from the MAIN tap, this will allow the RO and the DI to stop processing and the sink you to be used. I can also now open and flush the membrain when needed. My first 5 gal bucket was 000 TDS and was tested for trace elements, ALL were 0. I'm liking this DIY Salt and FW change:dance:. Thanks for ALL the support and if there is more please send. I would like to be as efficient as possible.

Dtech07

Back