HumblePie's Pico

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

HumblePie

Pico Ninja
I thought I would post a few pics of the latest household addition. It's a custom tank from Custom Acrylics off of eBay. This guys does really great work.

To see the rest of the pics and mods, make the jump to: http://picoxp.blogspot.com

tank1.png

tank2.png

I didn't have any empty tank shots so the above two are from the eBay listing

IMG_7901.jpg

IMG_7904.jpg

IMG_7960.jpg

IMG_7968.jpg

More pics coming in the next couple weeks when I can get my lights installed.

I just got my Current-USA Dual 2x18 light and will be posting some pics once I add some LEDs. Just need to head to Home Depot for some aluminum for the heat sink. Stay tuned...

So what is your opinion on that LED tube you got from e-bay? Does it output significant light, comparing to CF tubes?

Sweet looking little nano! I am in the process of downsizing and that might just be the ticket for my small mantis.

As for cheato in a AP I had some in my sons AP14 with a couple of submersable lights and it worked great. I think I had it filter in one then some rock and then cheato and a heater iin the last one. There were 4 compartments total.

So what is your opinion on that LED tube you got from e-bay? Does it output significant light, comparing to CF tubes?

Sorry. I just saw this question.

The light is pretty dim overall. If I remember right, the LEDs strip (altogether) was only about 1W. On my last Pico I had four 3W LEDs and they put out a lot of light. Once I can get down to Home Depot I'll wire them up in the hood I have now so you can see how bright they are.

Concerning the LED output, I would not use these for anything but fuge lights or decorative lights. They are just not bright enough to really grow anything other than algae (at least I would be afraid to try). I originally bought this because I didn't think I could hook it on the back of the tank so I was just going to drop it in the water with the Chaeto. Right now it seems to be doing really good.

Sweet looking little nano! I am in the process of downsizing and that might just be the ticket for my small mantis.

As for cheato in a AP I had some in my sons AP14 with a couple of submersable lights and it worked great. I think I had it filter in one then some rock and then cheato and a heater iin the last one. There were 4 compartments total.

Did you have to add compartments? Mine only has two in the back.

Did you have to add compartments? Mine only has two in the back.

No there was 4 chambers in it. Well there were actually 3 and the center was broken up with a divider that was open at the bottem.

I have not looked at the 24 so not sure what is in there. Plus it has been a year since we got rid of the 14. Sorry if this does not help.

[ UPDATE ]
I went back and checked the lighting for my fuge. Unfortunately, my statement above about the light working out great was incorrect. The light from the 8 LED strip is NOT sufficient to light the fuge. I checked my Chaeto yesterday and while it looked like it was growing, it actually wasn't. Rather it was in the process of dying. The Chaeto was getting really thin and brittle. I had to place it in another tank just to give it more light. So...I can honestly say at this point I do not recommend that light...

Back