RedUltraScolyHungryTopdown_4364.jpg

TricolorUltraScolyHungry_4325.jpg

TricolorUltraScolyHungryCloser_4330.jpg

UltraTricolorScolyHungryWhole_4421.jpg

UltraTricolorScolyTentaclesSide_441.jpg

GreenOrganPipeFramed_3814.jpg

MinefieldCyphastreaMacroFrame_3764.jpg

SeasonsGreetingsMontiFramed_3954.jpg

i am blown away with how large of an area your able to keep in perfect focus for us to look at. simply stunning pics brie. thanks for sharing.

i am blown away with how large of an area your able to keep in perfect focus for us to look at. simply stunning pics brie. thanks for sharing.

I can tell ya how. ;) Depth of field(how much of the picture is in focus or blurred out) is based on your aperture. The higher the /f number, the more will be in focus. Lower numbers(IE 2.8 to 5) will only show a small spot in the center of the image in focus and the rest blurred out.

I can tell ya how. ;) Depth of field(how much of the picture is in focus or blurred out) is based on your aperture. The higher the /f number, the more will be in focus. Lower numbers(IE 2.8 to 5) will only show a small spot in the center of the image in focus and the rest blurred out.

thank you. When you photograph Barrier's tanks how long are you letting apature stay open?

I hope i am saying that right. it is the number on my nikon that stands for X/Second.

thank you. When you photograph Barrier's tanks how long are you letting apature stay open?

I hope i am saying that right. it is the number on my nikon that stands for X/Second.

That would be shutter speed. For the scolys above I think I was staying at 30. Don't recall the aperture exactly but it was around 7.1 I think.

thanks again. When i was getting pointers on how to use this camera i think everybody forgot to tell me about adjusting that number and i finally after 400 or so black pictures i turned the little dial to the left and "WALAA" i got something that looked like what i was looking at. i have been playing around with it around 40 and somtimes 25 but i have a junk lens.... anyways thank brie

Great pics, Brie. On the subject of hungry scolymias...mine ate a good-sized glass cardinal the other day. First I noticed one less fish in my tank, and a few days later there was a strange thing being ejected out of the scoly's mouth...it was the cardinal fish's skeleton. :eek:

Back