Hydor KORALIA

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

what's the hurry

I've never had cyano, I think I see some now.

And a friend wants to off-load a rock with about an acre of zenia on me. Need some flow for thoes guys.

i got 4 #4's a few weeks ago. the flow is different. they make the water swirl around them and if you hold your hand right in front of them you dont feel much water movement. they shoot out flow in more of a cone shape. i like them

Nice, so the flow pattern is kinda like a funnel, with a deadish spot in the middle?

Where is the power cord, internal or external? How big is it? My only source of reference is a MJ1200, or a mag9.5

I have a 55, i was thinking 3-4 #1 or #2. You think that would work?

OK, so the power cord is on the inside of the tank. I found a picture on e-bay.

And HOLY CRAP these things look huge! I was thinking MJmod size. :?:

this is a #4 next to a seio 820

img1730ky6.jpg

the #2's and 3's are being recalled so i wouldn't get them right now. if i were you i would get 2-#4's for a 55g. they dont blow water out the front it kinda fans out and the prop makes the water around the pump circle around it. i have 3-#4's in a 75 right now and a seio 1500 blowing behind the rocks and the flow is just right.

i heard it was because a few batches of the 2's and 3's didnt have there motors sealed properly and there was a shock hazard so they recalled all of them to find out which batch it was

i heard it was because a few batches of the 2's and 3's didnt have there motors sealed properly and there was a shock hazard so they recalled all of them to find out which batch it was

That was rumor but maybe true. I got a email from them that stated it was standard issue. But it may have been bleed off, But it was only on American models. the Euro's got no recall.

I could see both being true. Probably a different manufacturer for american motors, as we use 60Hz AC, maybe a different vendor gave them a better price for 60Hz windings; and sealing problems. :eek:

Thanks for the pictures lizardarm and chris&barb. Lots of help there.

I'm still not convinced though. No one that has one has given it a shining review. :doubt:

Motor issues, size issues, availability issues. Maybe they need some time on the market to sort things out.

How do you like your Tunze nanostream Lizardarm?

I'm still not convinced though. No one that has one has given it a shining review. :doubt:

i dont know if my review was shinning but i like them much better the my seios. i just wish they made some that would push as much water as tunze

Ive got two #2's in my 58 gallon. They work fine. This is the first I've heard of the recall though.

No issuses with them, did notice one didnt really seem wildly happy to start once I turned it off briefly for feeding, but that happened once and was easily fixed...just spun the prop by hand and it kicked right up again.

The allure of these is that they are as inexpensive as the MJ's (unmodded), come w/ magnets allowing you to place them almost anywhere, and have a more gentle flow than the concentrated stream from the MJ's.

I wouldnt try hooking them up to any sort of wave maker...but they work fine. I've heard that they should work just fine on a SEIO controller, but havent heard from anyone who has actually done this yet.

Nick

How do you like your Tunze nanostream Lizardarm?
i've only bath tub tested all three of them so far. but the nanostream rocks! i've generally always steered away from any sort of powerhead in my tanks because i didn't like the flow that they gave, and they're typically ugly to look at. but having a couple/few of these would give a great flow and be more energy efficient than a larger pump on a closed loop (not to mention the ease of readjusting them if i don't like what i see, which is harder with a closed loop).
to be honest, i actually like the output of the korilia a bit better; it's just slightly less focused than the nanostream. the only drawback to the korilia is the larger size, but for the price, it seems to be a great little pump.

Well I don't want to wait for weeks to get my flow going.

Are there any problems running seios or nanostreams on a RS wavemaster pro?

Yup,
You will ruin the pumps that way. They are not made for that type of controller. You'll burn the motors up. If you're going to buy a nano-stream or a Seio, buy the correct controller for it. You'll save yourself the trouble of replacing your pumps frequently.

Nick

Back