Hydor rotating deflector

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My2heartboys

Has somebody every tried putting one of the hydor rotating deflectors on a zoo med power sweep?

BTW-I had to basically go about putting it onto the maxi jet pump on my own as I could not find any english connecting instructions. So far so good--disappointed because it is sticking so far out.

I do have the seeds of another idea coming into place--but need an answer to my question first. Also--if you did--what were the results???

Anne

I have one in our 80 gallon right now..it works alright but Im with you when you say it sticks out too far. After installing it our RBTA moved around so much I think he was confused as to the random flow but now he sits off to the side a little about 8 inches away, he hasn't moved since. It will do for now..But I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.They look funny..

I had them on maxi jets for over a year I think and then the maxi's croaked; not sure what happened. The device itself wasn't working either and I also took it apart to try to clean it and couldn't get it back together right and ended up throwing them in the trash.

Back