I am new and my favorite color is blue!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

FishGuy30

Hello everyone. New to the forum and 3 months into my first reef tank and getting ready to start setting up a second bigger tank.

Welcome to Reef Frontiers. Setting up a bigger one already huh! Tell us more about what you have going now! And then plans for the bigger one.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Right now I have a 14 gallon biocube with led lights and chamber 2 in the back is running a small amount of live rock and cheato live rock is only to keep the cheato from breaking up and clogging my pump. Livestock in the tank would be a cleaner shrimp 2 clowns and a bi-color blenny. I have a few corals that have just taken off as well. The bigger tank is a 40 gallon breeder and I am just starting to plan that one and do not have any equipment for the tank yet. I sold my entire cichlid set up in order to fund the new tank I am hooked and it drives my wife up the wall.

Great livestock! 40B's are a great size for small reef tanks.
Yeah a lot of spouses dont understand! I am extremely lucky my husband supports me in this hobby! Extremely lucky!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

so I don't have much room under my tank to set up a refugium and was toying with using a canister instead anyone have any strong feelings about this one way or the other?

Hey! Welcome FishGuy I like how just three months in your fully in neck deep. As Lorrie stated 40B's are such great dimensions for Reeftanks. Big enough to have fun and won't steal your wallet or childs College funds.

Cheers, Todd

Welcome to RF! As you can see there is lots of people who are more then willing to help out! Plus it's nice having people in the area to help with stores and who can lend a hand if needed. I started with a biocube 30 and now moving to a 90g reef. It's addicting!

it sure is addicting! Anyone in the lynnwood area who would be intrested in showing off your reef tank and whos brain I can pick about my 40B.

I have the biocube you can come take a look at. It's nothing mind blowing but I think it's coming along good

Hi FishGuy30 and welcome! Take pictures of the 40 gallon as it progresses. You'll enjoy seeing how your tank morphs and if you post them, we will too.

I will try and get some pics of the biocube14 up soon the 40b will be awhile still need to figure out what i want to do as far as equipment

I have a 40B set up as my frag tank.
I can send you my equipment list and pics for an idea.
Your welcome to come by and see it too. I am a ferry ride from edmonds, but its not bad if you want to walk on, I can pick you up. I'm only 18 minutes from the kingston ferry. Check with TJL too. He comes over this way on the weekends.

Hey fishguy30 welcome to RF! You found the right spot to tackle this hobby. As you can see there are a bunch of locals here and are willing to give advice. I've seen some stunning tanks here too. I have a 46bowfront that has been running for over a year and a 45high tank that I'm getting ready to stock. Having tanks that size are great and come with their own challenges:) check the members showcase forum to see how they built their's.

2013-04-08 13.10.02.jpg here is an older picture of my biocube I will try and get some updated pics soon as well as some of the 80 that I have running now as well

Update. My 40gallon breeder turned into an 80 gallon cube and the 14gallon biocube is still going strong.
20131202_161833.jpg
20131202_161845.jpg
these are some older pics of the 80 gallon. Once my buddy sends me the pics he took with his nice camera vs my phone I will post more of both tanks

Cool! Welcome, I like the open layout and the chromis school. It looks like you have quite a bit of diversity packed ito both those systems!

yea both are probably a little over loaded but I am religious about my water changes and have had no problems yet. better pics to come

You misread me mang, I'm sure you take care of your system, it looks great and it looks like you have alot of interesting stuff to check out when you watch your tank. Thats all ;)

Back