I.D Please

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Get them now before they get into places you can’t get to them. I pulled the rocks out and put in a bucket and worked on removing them physically buy knife. If you a DIY kind of person there is a really well built electrocution device that some guys on here have been working on. Seems to work real well.

DONT DO IT!!!!!!
boiling water on them will make them split in to about 50 little ones and disperse all over your tank and you'll have a huge tank crash with in a month or so...

Na wwwww just joking with ya..
It my work but I haven't had the pleasure of killing any yet :)

I did do an experiment with a few once (they came on a chunk of chato and I removed them befor they got in my tank)
I put 4 little ones in a shot glass of tank water and put the glass on the window sill in the dead of winter.
The little buggers were still alive and happy a week later...

You can kill them with Kalk, Joe's Juice or Aiptasia X, just like Aiptasia, BUT, it usually takes at least 3 treatments, before they know they're dead. Otherwise, they just come back

Or, as was mentioned, you can remove them mechanically. I've even done it with a butter knife, or spoon, inside the tank. If you get the blade under their foot, you can give it a flick and usually pop them right off. They don't attach nearly as strongly as Aiptasia and don't seem to be as likely to bury their foot in a hole in the rocks. They're really easy to remove, if you get them while they're moving.

I've also removed rock, and removed them with a razor or knife. Don't cut the foot though...slide the blade under the foot and pop them off.

These didn't come from any of the frags you got from me did they? I do have some in my tank, and remove them a few at a time, here and there. I am very careful not to send them home with anyone....lol....though I suppose I could have missed one.

Last edited:
Back