I got a new fishy! Long nose butterfly

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BlennyBabe

Rachel
Here is my newest addition! I just had to have him. I traded some large hairy mushrooms for him. He got into the store yesterday and I watched him eat today. Then I took him home aclimated him and within ten minutes he ate again. And then for this evenings feeding he ate again! I can just tell this guy is going to be a pig. Anyway without further ado, here he is:
butterflyfishnov050236le.jpg

This guy just loves mysis. He passed on the flake food, I think it needs to look like a whole crustacean. he also eats brine, but I dont feed that often. He is going to get nice and fat in no time.

This guy just loves mysis. He passed on the flake food, I think it needs to look like a whole crustacean. he also eats brine, but I dont feed that often. He is going to get nice and fat in no time.

That's cool...I've never had any major success with butterflys before. The are hard to keep when caught out of the wild. There are only certain areas around where I live, that you can catch butterflys and have them do o.k. It's never great on flake foods etc. They usually just pick on the rocks all day and occassionally grab a flake or two. I stopped trying to keep them, but usually can't resist chasing one whenever I'm out snorkeling...I hope your does well...

Thanks everyone. He is settling in nicely and has colored up since those pictures were taken. Ill get some more photos of him soon.

Back