I got seahorses/help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

Hey I need some help here guys, I ordered some ricordias off ebay and the lady mixed my order up with someone elses I recieved like 20-30 dwarf seahorses and I dont know what to do with them, I havent got anything set up for them exept a 12 gallon jbj nano with a occelaris clown in it, what should I do with them???

Matt

I have dwarf seahorses. They need to eat baby brine shrimp - do you have brine eggs? If so, get them hatching.
Do not put them in with the clowns. Put them in a gallon jug, put them in quart jars, but don't put them with the clowns.
I'm sending a PM with my phone number. I can get you set up with whatever you need tonight.

ohh wouu how could someone mix ricordias with Sea horses :p :lol:.

I hope you get it sort it out dood, it'd be sad to loose that many sea horses :( .
I thought they eat rotifiers too, but not sure in that one may be Vicky could shime in on that.

well Vicky is coming over tonight to help me out, I will keep you all posted to what happens...

Matt
ps. thanks Vicky

obviously the omnipotent one (God) is telling you to make a seahorse nano take him up on his offer or else... that's bordering on blasphemous and what not but sounds like a great project as long as you get your rics too

Update..

Well I get to keep the seahorses for free, I got a 5 galllon hex tank ready to go, Vicky is on her way over to get me set up. Tomorrow My ricordias (20-30 of them) will be on there way....

Kinda of a 2 for 1 I guess....

Matt

wwouuu in that case.... what a deal you got :) :p .
i'm sure your kids and the wife are gonna enjoy the ponys i mean the seahorses :) .

well the seahorses are acclimating right now, Vicky came over and went through the run down with me, since they are wild caught I did a fresh water medicated dip for 5 mins to kill any hydroids or bacterias, every single one is still alive so I am happy with them, about 5 of them are pregnant aswell. Wish me luck guys, I will post pics tomorrow of the new additions.

Marineteng the rics are off ebay, if you are interested in some then I should have a few left I could spare to part with I will let you know when they come in, we can trade for something or you can just buy them, it just all depends on what I get.

Matt

Post some shots

I am happy to hear Vicky helped you Matt she helped me alot when I got sea horses a couple months back.. When they get settled in are you going to post some pictures ? Good luck with you 2 fer deal:eek:
...Jeff

matts125 said:
Well I get to keep the seahorses for free, I got a 5 galllon hex tank ready to go, Vicky is on her way over to get me set up. Tomorrow My ricordias (20-30 of them) will be on there way....

Kinda of a 2 for 1 I guess....

Matt

i'm looking to get rid of some of my softies eventually, kenya trees, some bullseye mushrooms, might be able to frag off some fire and ice zoos,

[every single one is still alive so I am happy with them, about 5 of them are pregnant aswell. Wish me luck guys, I will post pics tomorrow of the new additions.
/QUOTE]

I'm happy to hear their fine and you seriously got a killer of a deal dood !!
and now you're even gonna have babies :shock: .... very nice dood very nice :) .

By this time next week you should have 50 to 100 dwarves (unless those boys are tricking us by inflating their pouches). Best of luck.

Here are some pictures of the sea horses. as you can imagine they are hard to photograph as they are all of about 5/8'' to 3/4''.

Matt

Back