johnpeezy

Banned
919a2ba5.jpg

my swc extreme 120 cone skimmer

and

c922e1da.jpg

my new(used) oceanic tank

it is 24" wide 24" tall 18" deep
1/2" starfire front and side panels with a built in overflow.

I like that tank john . i have always liked the black silicone look .

and nice skimmer to :D

For a cone skimmer thats the cheapest one out there. It cost me 229 after shipping i hope it does the trick.

I have not read a single bad review about it and the other cheapest cone skimmer i found was about 400 bucks, im not rich so i think i made the right choice.

And that tank... Well it was a no brainer. 150 bucks the guy was moving on friday and i got in contact with him on wefnesday. Thank god my girlfriend is a craigslist jockey. She found it.

I was looking at the SWC160 cone or the bubble magus BM180. I am still not sure.

www.bubble-magus.com

well, the BM isnt a bad skimmer per say...but the things to look at are this...
the SWC 160 cone has a bubble plate about twice the size, it has a much nicer valve for adjusting skimmer level, it has a nicer muffler, and notice how the top of the bubbleplate is almost even with the bottom of the cone shape in the SWC compared to being about half way up the cone reaction chamber in the BM?? huge waste of cone with the BM...plus on the BM there is about 1/2-3/4" of tapering between the cone and neck transition, the SWC is a smooth transition that is the same size all the way up...
all in all the SWC is a much superior cone design.

Cool, I was debating on the SWC 160 and the BM NAC7. I decided to give the NAC7 a try purely based on price. I got mine for 220 shipped. If the SWC160 was a little cheaper, I may have reconsidered.

I'll play with this for now and see how I like it once I get it setup.

skimerwhisperer does bring up some good points to consider.

Back