I got the best luck! glueing acrylic to glass?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Can anyone tell me if I have the right stuff?
What I found was at Micheals, it is called E600 craft, is this the same? The color is crystal clear.

I'm pretty sure the "Craft" stuff is the same formulation but packaged in a smaller applicator tube for arts and crafts use. Real men use the stuff that you put in a gun and have to cut the tip off with a knife, cause real men love anything to do with guns and knives.

Mike

Yeah, I got all that, but this cheezy place I live in don't. And I could only find small tubes, trust me I'd rather have 9oz tubes.

Dont listen to that Mike guy. He's crazy. Well aside from real men loving knives and guns ;) , usually the small tubes I buy go bad before I can use them all. I'd never buy a caulk gun sized tube as it doesnt take much to glue in a couple baffles. Id have to agree that the craft sized tubes are the same. Just let it cure thouroughly before putting it to use and you'll be fine. The larger tubes also claim to not be food or water safe. Id bet all of the silicone we use reads about the same it you get right down to it.

OK, after all that has happened during this upgrade, my baffles in my sump just let go!
And the funny thing is, the "wall" I put up to keep my pump dry is the one I figured who go if any, and it's FINE.

So, how do I glue acrylic to glass? I found some GE 100% silicone sealant "for plastic sheets and other plastics", says it bonds to glass, but a water tight seal and is excellent for marine apps abovw water line.

What should I do? Some good luck would help if anyone has any to spare:puke:

I have had the same problem. I fixed it by using the same underwater epoxy that you use to stick coral to your rocks

Back