I have a baby Bangai!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ugla

I had some friends over tonight and one said they saw a small fish in a coral. I did not believe them till I looked. It is a baby Bangai Cardinal. I have a pair in the tank, but never noticed anything different. It is about 1/4 long and swimming around alot in a pocket between two mushrooms. Pretty amazing!!

Are these guys egg layers or live bearers?

Last edited:
That is amazing! Congratulations :D You'll have to be sure to send a lot of tiny food his way so he can grow up before he gets eaten :eek: I wonder if there are any others in there...

Susie

they are mouth brooders. If you watch carefully you can see them in Papa's mouth. They are big enough to feed baby brine shrimp when they are let go. Seperate the parents from them as you should have about ten to fifteen per spawn.

This one is in a 100 gallon reef with lots of fish. I don't think there is any way to get him out. Hopefully he can stay away from fish for a while. I think his chances are really slim unfortunately.

just use a syphon hose to get him out, he's got a better chance on that ride than gettin eaten, and yes agreed, they are mouth brooders, father carries...good luck

Back