i have clown eggs!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

my fish eggs got eaten
:cry::cry::cry: The parents gave up the nest sight.

err check out the Guy's butt. Not too shabby for the gals. Sorry will not do another thread like this in a fish forum I realize it is out of line. Thank you for your patience.

Gaby they are fake! hehehehehe I will pm you.

Last edited:
If you truly would like to breed your clowns and get some production of juvenille ocellaris going I can give you a few tips. First of all don't use an anemone. Takes too much energy to keep alive and it complicates the process. Set up a 10 gallon tank and keep it near sunlight with nothing in it. This will be your algea tank (food for the rotifers, which are the food for the ocellaris fry) . Then set up another barren 10 gallon with a single medium sized clay pot and nothing else. This will be the new home of the clowns. The pot acts as an artificial anemone and the clowns will use it to lay their eggs. Once the eggs have been laid you remove the pot to another barren 10 gallon tank and replace it with a new clay pot for the breeders to use. In this way the eggs don't get eaten, the newborn fry don't get eaten by the parents, and you can begin production of tank raised ocellaris. Karen Brittain of the Waikiki Aquarium here in Hawaii was the pioneer of tank raising ocellaris (and other economically valuable aquarium species) in a way that can be easily duplicated. If you want details you should google her name or call the aquarium or University of Hawaii to get her contact info. She is very friendly and more than willing to give advice. Good Luck!
Rob

Last edited:
Thank you Rob!!! I think eventually, as in say a year I will do what you suggest. I for now am going to let them grow up some more. They sleep where the water comes from the sump and have from day one. They laid their eggs just below where they sleep. During the day, before the egg laying incident, they would hang out in a big hairy mushroom. Once she laid the eggs no more mushroom only hovering over eggs. They took turns, but mostly both were there.
Thanks for the information about Karen Brittain and as you may know Ilham(Elmo18) here on RF raises anemone fish.

Thank you again all,

Back