I have decided!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Damsel13

I have three aiptasia and I am going to try a shrimp. If that doesn't work I will add another shrimp. I have a medium bioload. Will post pics. on this thread today with the point and click. Is there any way to pick the best coral shrimp? The lfs usually has a large amount. Should I look for a large or small??

Thanks in advance.
P.S. I now have a garden of PomPom Xenia too hehe :)I have 1 yellow tang, 1 watchman goby, a pair of A. Ocellaris, 1 coral beauty and 3 blue/green chromis in a 55 gal. . They are all over a year old except for the goby but she/he seems happy. H.O.B. cpr skimmer with cheato. I run carbon and errrfrr a mini mantis who eats copopods and those little stars like crazy. It's a long story, ::sigh::.

IMG_0031.jpg

Well Deb,
as far as size goes, how about shooting for a medium sized one; big enough to hold their own, yet not so old that it's at the end of it's lifespan. If you stare at them long enough you'll probably start to see that some just seem more active, or less stressed than others.
Those will usually handle the transfer better.

where's your aptasia problem doodette?
i had one in one of my little rocks and since it was just one i decided to boil some water (RO water) and just take the rock out and pour the water on it and to be honest it died right away.
have you tried this method girl? may be trying once and if it doesn't work then go for the shirmp (just trying to save you a few bucks :) :p)

I always seem to get a few aptasia's in places I can't reach!! They stick up just far enough to drive me nuts. I finally have a peppermint shrimp (after going through 7 others) that has survived and is taking care of the aptasia. Get a few big fat ones!!!

Back