I have this big black worm

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Damsel13

I have this big black/brown worm in my tank. It has legs. It reminds me of that worm that got really long and was living in that guys tank in a plastic tube. He had to dismantle lots of stuff to get it out. He took a picture of the worm. It was like as long as a CAR :eek: :eek: :confused: .

How can I catch it?

I have this big black/brown worm in my tank. It has legs. It reminds me of that worm that got really long and was living in that guys tank in a plastic tube. He had to dismantle lots of stuff to get it out. He took a picture of the worm. It was like as long as a CAR :eek: :eek: :confused: .

How can I catch it?

How big is "big".

I thought that I had one too in my 75 gal before I switched to the bigger tank. I would see it come out of the sand aprox 1.5" long with a ton of legs and he/she would swallow formula 1 pellets whole. The worm was probably only as wide as a small bristle worm. But also the first thing that came to my mind was that guy in Oregon. When I switched dont know where it went.

Last edited:
LOL good point! I really don't know it is about 1.5mm thick. I have only seen about an inch of it. It is dark brown.

Wow, now I am going to have to try to get a picture of this guy. From your links it will be ok to leave him in the rock he lives in. I have had this rock for about 6 months. I imagine this worm will get kinda big. What do you think people?

It seems to me, that by reading the artilcle that the worm probably wouldnt be a problem untill it gets much larger so for the time being I would just let it be, unless it does something damaging to the tank, then catch the mother and send him packing!

Back