I might still be in the game...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

immedicatdru2

It's been quite a break for me in here but I think I'm back in business. It's been a pretty big struggle over the past year for me and my fish mates. I'd lost just about everything except for a few fish. I'm left with 2 perculas, a violet spotted damsel and a blue devil damsel. That's it. All of my rock is just about that... rock (without the live). I haven't lost hope, though. I plan on getting my situation back together but I have to pretty much DIY everything as I got in trouble by the wife for buying 150 blue legs and 150 nassarius snails so anything else... well... I'm in process of building a skimmer since I came across several 2 1/2' sections of 5" cast acrylic. I will say I was having quite a problem with cyano in my refugium and since I bought the snails and crabs two days ago, it's almost completely gone. I just need to get some good algae for the refugium. I would like to put a black mangrove in it but I can't seem to find any seedlings for free or sale so if anyone knows of anywhere, please let me know. Also, is coraline algae naturally occuring or do you have to add a rock with some on it in order for it to spread? Several peices of my rock have some on it but I'm not even sure if it's alive any more. My greatest loss was probably my rose bubbletip. It split into 5 anemonies then one right after another they took turns croaking. I feel bad for my clowns because now they're homeless. I'm sure it will be a slow go but it will come back. Just keep your fingers crossed.

Well, since I was just informed that my aquarium looks like crap and has since I moved it, and I'm not allowed to spend any more money on it , I guess I'm out after all.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. FWIW Go find a hobby that she detest even more and she'll be happy to "allow" you to spend some money on your reef.

I think I've found it....

well, with all my hobbies 1) reef keeping, candles, wood work, wind chimes, and macaws (probably my favorite). Well, the solution? she wants a mollucan cocatoo. It's a rehab bird so it requires a little extra attention. It's a pretty good trade off since I (without permission) acquired some live rock, nassarius snails and some blue legs. I think it's going to come back up slow. I think it's going to be a pretty boring tank for a while.

I'm about in the middle of boaz. There are a few stores up there but its not that common that I make it up there. Once I get the transmation in my truck pulled and fixxed it will make it easier to get up there. we almost bought a house up around N-NW but here is closer to my grandmother.

Back