I need interceptor!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

matts125

I need some interceptor any one in the king/pierce counties have any or know where i can get it?

Matt

Sorry to bring a thread back from the dead, well not too dead LOL

OK so my vet is not willing to write a prescription for me to buy it but they would be more than happy to sell it to me if they carried it, after I spent 10 minutes explaining to them what I was doing with it showing the printed info about it.
Well they dont carry it. Seems no one around here carries it.
So I guess I am asking where can I go?
So far as long as I show them and explain what the intent is they have no problem.
What do I do?
Thanks Matt for starting this thread.
It has just been recent that I have noticed the damage done by these little guys.

I still have that spare in my office drawer of matts. Check with him if he doesnt need it, I can mail it to you.

Don

Thanks Don!
I will get ahold of him to see where he is at on his tank.

Matt you still alive out here?????
PM on the way!

Oh thats right.
I havent seen much of Matt lately here.
I hope he gets back to me soon. I want to rid this tank of these pests!

O.K. interceptor? Is that the same stuff you get for dogs for heartworm?
Sorry for the dumb question. If it is can't you buy it at the vet's?

O.K. interceptor? Is that the same stuff you get for dogs for heartworm?
Sorry for the dumb question. If it is can't you buy it at the vet's?

You can if you can convince one to dispense it. Its not really legal for them to sell it to us for our tanks. Although I really doubt the authorities care, its tough to get them to bend the rules.

Don

Again Don dumb question. Why not? I have lot's. Being in California heartworm is not a huge issue. Do people need this med for their tanks?

If you ever start to grow SPS coral you may get red acro bug.
This med is one way to rid of it.
This is an EVIL bug
If I had a camera I would show you a pic of what it does.

Again Don dumb question. Why not? I have lot's. Being in California heartworm is not a huge issue. Do people need this med for their tanks?

The medication is used to kill red bugs in this hobby. Its a prescription only medication. I think big city doctors are to paranoid to give it out to just anyone. I havent found a vet in the city that would sell it me. I just happen to have a big dog, so he get it prescribed for him.

Don

Back