I scared my puffer so bad

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

csababubbles

Looks like my puffer is seriously scared of me when I wear my red sweater. As soon as he saw me come close to the tank he blew up. Check it out.

I know thats sad but, wow thats awesome too see. Ive never seen one do that in a tank before.

Nice! I use to have a Stars and Stripe puffer a long while ago. I had him for about 2 years. I never saw it puff up until one night around 2 or 3am. I got up to use the bathroom and I just happend to glance at my tank at the corner of my eyes. Being all groggy and all I saw what appeared to be a balloon in my tank. I was like WTF is a balloon doing in my tank? As I aproached the tank there it was all puffed up. When I got closer to the tank it deflated itself and skirmished back into the rock work. It was kinda funny because as it deflated it looked like a ballon flying around when you deflate it. It was the fastes I ever seen it swim LOL.

Nice! I use to have a Stars and Stripe puffer a long while ago. I had him for about 2 years. I never saw it puff up until one night around 2 or 3am. I got up to use the bathroom and I just happend to glance at my tank at the corner of my eyes. Being all groggy and all I saw what appeared to be a balloon in my tank. I was like WTF is a balloon doing in my tank? As I aproached the tank there it was all puffed up. When I got closer to the tank it deflated itself and skirmished back into the rock work. It was kinda funny because as it deflated it looked like a ballon flying around when you deflate it. It was the fastes I ever seen it swim LOL.

That is funny. Most stories that start out with when I got up to pee don't end so well.

Jason

I once took care of an office tank where my boss loved puffers. In the time I worked there she had a Porcupine Puffer, Dogface Puffer, Gold Puffer (expensive), and a Stars & Stripes puffer. The Gold Puffer and Stars & Stripes Puffer each puffed up once while I was cleaning the tank. Definately cool to see.

few years now, if i remember right about two years more then the regal and copperband in the background

chadmace,

he had all those puffers in the same tank? in my experience porcupines attack dogface puffers and puffers in general dont get along. how big was the tank?

Back