I smell trouble..... ;)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sounds interesting enough....any idea out of what it was built from?

I'll let him provide details. I've seen a few partial aiptasias come up but think he just didn't get them good enough. The mojito anemones (not sure their real name but think Mojito is catchy) are TOAST. :) Fish are all good and happy.. waiting for food as usual.

Is he out for hire when he is done? We have a few of both to get rid of and don't want to tear the rock work apart to get to them.

I went the lazy way to get rid of aiptasia. Copperbanded and peppermint shrimp.

Copperbanded? Are you talking butterfly? I tried that....it nipped at my coral for days before I got lucky and it died.

I'll let him provide details. I've seen a few partial aiptasias come up but think he just didn't get them good enough. The mojito anemones (not sure their real name but think Mojito is catchy) are TOAST. :) Fish are all good and happy.. waiting for food as usual.

mojito is a drink. majano is a pest :lol:

Have had 100% success with boiling water in a syringe. Have offed 100s through the years in many tanks.

Boiling water will also destroy a Mojito:p

The problem people have with the boiling water trick is that it works with "boiling water" but not with simply "boiled water."

Means if it cools down, will do little. No creature in our tanks can survice boiling hot temps. Start with a pint or more in a srro cup, rince hypo in the very hot water, and all at once hit your targets within seconds. Never fails, they turn to soup before your eyes. Can be done with pest anemones, zoas, mushrooms, and the like.

Everyone can have and use an inexpensive aptasia zapper if they follow these step by step instructions

I've tried lemon juice. I just have trouble getting the needle into it before they retract deep into their holes in the LR.

I've got 1 pep in my tank, it no aptasia. The pep loves the stuff. spends all his time hunting for them

Yes althought not as impressive looking. I had my go at it last night and I must say it's a bit fun to use. Haven't looked back at the tank this morning to see what I missed but will report back.

Back