I think I have a problem with this coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ya but a person would think if you frag it again and glue it that there would be no place for infection or bacteria.. that is what has me stumped.

This is my last piece of it. The third fragging of it. Glued to seal off but STILL right above the glue it is dieing. I dont get the "from the bottom up". Is it not the tip that would be the most sensitive?
milli.jpg

I know it is not looking good for this frag. But I have done all I can. This will be my first loss in 3 years like this.

sometimes you can do all that is known to try to salvage a frag. I've done it in the past and sometimes it is just not meant to be. Could be the sensitivity of the coral or anything. Being that this is the only frag you've lost in that length of time that says something about your system and I would not take anything away from that. Some sps are much harder to keep and this may just be that coral. I have gone around and around with the species A. desalwii and kept one for 2 weeks and it rtn'd overnight. It was from LiveAquaria and Kevin replaced it for me and that one didn't last 2 days. He and I and the originator of this strain of desalwii have been going back and forth trying to figure out what, but it has been decided that it is just this particular strain of desalwii. There is a thread regarding this on RC, and it makes me as a sps keeper feel better to know most with that strain have had the same problems.

Back