I wanna talk "current" (ac)......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

IS that the retro?? :O NICE JOB BJ!

Also OH MY GOD you should see the worm that lives in my tank. Its bright blue, rainbow kinda, NOT a bristle worm and its like 10" long!

Last edited:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, no applause please.....

I was soooooo proud of myself and of course the able assistance of my husband (who never understood the program all the way through and patiently followed directions).

Now I'm all excited to get a sump in. I want all this sh..... off the top of my tank!!!

Am I the only one that likes coralline algae?

And by the way, Mr. Going Byebye Engineering Goby has ruined my rock placement!!!!

LOL
those dang fish!
I am just amazed at what you have dome with the retro. Where are the ballasts? and all 4 cords????
Excellent job, excellent
Now that you can post pictures keep them comming. I want to see the sump. You should see mine, its a mess ;)

I don't know if you'll want to see it or not. I'll see how it goes. I have this idea that simplicity can work as well as dollars. I have a large rubbermaid container and a smaller. I've been scratching my head for days over this and I won't have anything in it if it doesn't work.

Do you have to use an overflow??? Why can't I just use the magnums (350 & hot mag (250)) to take water to the sump and I have a mag 7 for return.???? All I gotta do is get it there right???

I tried not to get the cords and stuff in the pic. The balasts are all over to the side with the switch end pointing up and most are plugged into timers. Have to get yet another bus bar.....eventually when I move my tank, I already have a nice cabinet that I think will hold everything. I'm going to use a plastic shower rod cover and take the bunch of cords straight back to the wall, hook to wall, take another piece and cover rest and take to ballasts, same with ballasts to timers.

I'm going to get a used 75 at the lfs which has moved and is going huge!!! $40 75g with woodgrain trim. Some idiot painted mine black and it constantly chips off.

Sorry long winded........

Oh also, it never occured to me when I was taking pic (I was so excited), that I have my algae feeder stick in the tank, the glass is dirty, propogation cups are all over the floor, my gas can and trash can are over to the other side. Its a little cleaner now, a little....

Oops, guess I haven't got the pic thing down!

Lets try again...

070606046.jpg
[/IMG]

My temp was also getting up so I had to raise lights. Aren't you upgrading to a bigger tank.....I showed you mine, let me see yours, even the old one!

You have a great looking tank BJ. MUCH better than mine.

Yes I will be building a 300+ gallon prop tank once we move into our new home around the end of October. All the lights are off right now but I sure will get a pic of my tank tomorrow. I cleaned it up a little moving new rock in tomorrow. I am a little more proud of it.
I will post them as soon as I get them!

Back