I want your majanos

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have some I was just getting ready to whack. My Sister lives in your direction and I have to go to Reef Mystique soon, so I'll PM ya when I'm coming and see if we can hook up a pest drop.

That mojano that I "killed" three times with Joe's Juice just popped back out...I mean it was gone for weeks with no trace, and there it is again.

Brian, that would be great!

jnarowe...that is what I used to do as well until I got really sick of them. Got the butterflyfish and they are gone for good, but now that they are gone so is its food source....cruel irony.

which butterlfy? My mojano is in QT...I will not put that rock back in the display with it still on it!

I seem to have a never ending supply of aiptasia in my display and feel that I may have to go the butterfly route. I really don't want tosince I have a lot of cool fan worms too.

I have a double saddleback. Worked great, but you are correct...all fan worms, some SPS polyps, clam mantles, etc are all at risk.

yeah I have 7 clams too. a bit of frustration about the aiptasia on my part I guess. I have never been able to grow LPS very well, so I wouldn't be too bummed about them all dropping dead. But my clams are way too cool to get them into a predatory situation. I actually remove clam from the mixed seafood that I add to my tank food because I don't want any fish to suddenly realize that clams taste good!

Here's some pics.

(I hope that they're not majones--they do seem to growing directly from the tips of the coral skeleton around them--well at least from the tips not covered in pink coraline...) ;)

(For size reference, the black square in the backgound of the first pic is my 4' mag-float..)

Kingfish is right, that is a galaxea. Take care of it and it will be quite beautiful :)

Kingfish is right, that is a galaxea. Take care of it and it will be quite beautiful :)

Thanks, they're doing quite nicely:) --lots of new polyps, in fact they've actually spread enough in the past 2 months so now there's 2 big clumps (instead of 3 little ones)
(Of course the hydroids are filling out too :mad: )

(Sorry to hijack your thread again reedman) can we just call a bump?--I'm betting you're still looking for majanos.... ;)

No worries on the hijack....Good info is always welcome...even when off-topic

And yes, I am still looking for mojanos (I can't believe it is this difficult).

Hey Reedman,
I have one majano that I am feeding and taking good care of. If it reproduces, you can have the offspring :)

Back