I was SOOOOO happy before Reef Frontiers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Herefishyfishy

Smart Bass
Been raising marine fish and inverts continuously since the early 70s.

Ignorance was pure bliss. Been happy as my clam with my fish tank and live rock. The softies were content in the rich soupy brine called "2 months between changes fertile old tank water". My caulurpa plants grew like weeds and got sold on EBay. Yes, the mushrooms were puny and the bubble algae was a pest. And the tank was too noisy to easily hear the theater over.

Sold some dead rock and was told to check this place out to get some new ideas and answers , THANKS A LOT FELLA:doubt:

Took out my trickle filter on Placks advise and watched the Niters explode before coming back down:eek: Couple hundred pounds rock plus sand helps a bit:oops:

Bought a used Kent Nautilus skimmer which worked better than my old Berlin classic that I first got in 1982? :p which was a total POS even after the upgrade addition of the sedra.:mad:

(Berlin classic now in the dump):lol:

So Nowwwww, just bought a new octopus NW150 like the one in the goopy thread. Bot a seio to get some free shipping, used the 5% aquacave discount code.

Looking at adding some halides to my VHO which used to be the state of the art when I first got em.

And wife says, move the tank downstairs so I am looking at a new tank.

I used to be soooooooo content before desiring crystal clean water
The mushrooms have opened up huge and the polyps are bigger than ever. The fish are brighter, and the tank doesn't stink:razz:

OK OK, I guess ignorance might be bliss, but this old dog can still learn new tricks.

Mike S
Kent Tank diver

P.S. thanks to all for sharing, I am re-energized like never before. Will start raising SPS as soon as have a perfect set-up

It is definetely pleasurable to acheive a quality setup. some of us here get more excited over equipment than over coral and fish.

ROFL! Your title scared me a bit...It says I was sooo happy before RF which I took as you are now un-happy after RF!:p RF rocks man...Hands down! I would be screwed with the hobby if it weren't for these guys and wouldn't have made so many cool friends either if I never joined here:)

Welcome to RF. You're right about Krish, she has to get rid of the baggage....;) Mike.

where does one find this Octopus nw150 skimmer?? Tried looking at a few places....hmm... I know the feeling of which you speak of as well.. :)

LOL...I know. They are just messin' around. If not, they need to take a look at the last post on the "I'm not a girl thread" :)

Last edited:
Weeelllllll, so she resurfaces in "another thread". I was very disappointed to see "I'M NOT A GIIIIIRRRRRLLL" closed. Whats the big idea. That's the most I have laughed on the internet period. I had never participated in forums much til my big saltwater snafu.

My friend said she was embarrased to talk to anyone at reef central. No one would talk to her!!!

I say call em all girls or preggers and they won't shut up!
(until someone shuts them up!)

Hey guys, you'll be glad to know I took my water to the doctor today. I got some good news and some bad news. I posted a thread about needing a chart. Trillard or someone close to that name said "he/she" had never heard of one to ask away. I blasted him with my info and now I want your imput, but I can't type all that again......

BJ

Herefishyfishy should change your thread title to I was sooooo NOOOOOOTTTTT happy before rf...

LOL...10 pages of reapeating the same junk get's old!:rolleyes:

I looked for your chart thread but didn't see it. I'll look again and reply on it if I find it:)

Back