ICE Cap 660 applications

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ReefferMan

Fish out of water
I just bought a 660, it has diagrams for up to 4 bulbs but i need to run 6, 2 foot bulbs (t-5's) Does anyone have a diagram for doing so? Thanks :)

The most you can wire is 4 bulbs. You will need another ballast for the additional 2 bulbs.

hmm, the ballast shows that i could run a total of 16 feet, maybe im just going to have to run another one. Dang. Thanks guys!

This is reeferman's wife...

If we buy another 660, can we run 2X 24 watt 24" bulbs along with 2X 54 watt 48" bulbs on the same ballast?

So one ballast would run the above and the other would run 4X 24 watt 24" bulbs...

???

I know the ballast will run them but not sure if it will run them together, goggle Icecap & they have a number you can call, ask for Andy, he is great with these things:)

I think we are just going to get another 660 and run 3X 24" bulbs on each. 8 bulbs sounds good, but it's a bigger expense and the plan was to have the t5s mounted in our 2' pfo halide reflectors. We will also run 2X 6' VHOs just because we already have them...

Well how long is your tank? If your ruining 6ft vho lamps then when those need replacing then you buy new end caps & get T5's all the way around that ballast would run them as well! What other lighting do you have already?

Our NEw tank is 8 feet long by 35 wide by 25 tall, total of 300 G's i have 3 400W hqi oshio's bunch of vho's and i have 6 2" t-5's and one ice cap 660. Oh and 3 pfo moon lights. any suggestions?

Back