Ice Cap or Coralife or Hamilton Canopy Fan

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Fijikid

Hello!

I need some input on what type of cooling fan you all recommend from your experience. So far I have found on the market:

Ice Cap
Coralife
Hamilton

Which one do you recommend (quiet and energy efficient) for a 55-gallon canopy? Where can I get the best deal?

Thank you all!

:)

I like Radio Shack fans. Alot cheaper. I found some Dayton fans on ebay that worked pretty good.

Ice Cap: Heat probe, a little less noisy, 2 year warranty, too pricy
Coralife: Run's fast, just a tad bit noisier than an icecap, no warranty, priced ok

I have both of them and if youv'e got bucks to burn go ahead and get some brand name fans, but next time it might as well be radioshack for me. I really see no diffrence in the fans I've seen lately and those on my tank, other than the noise.
Just remember when saltcreep burns those motors it can get pricy. Going with some cheaper higher flow fans is the way to go. You can easily throw that 60-100 bucks on a good skimmer, plus if one breaks they are cheaper to replace.

Thank you both for your advice. It sound like I should just get a Cheap Fan and wire it up with a transformer.

:)

do a google for a fan made by a company called Orion. Much like the Ice Caps and I've heard they are pretty quiet.
Later,
Chad

You get what you pay for! sometimes going cheap costs you more in the long run.

DD

radio shack fans are cheaper and does the job,my old setup was radio shack fans with a ac to dc transformer and on a timer.just my 2cents:D

Back