ID corals Please

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aaron7405

Hi there
I wen to s friends Pets strore and I saw he had some corals in his tank there, but I saw them in really bad shape, the tanks parameters were awfall. So I took them and put them on my quarentine tank, I would like to have the ID of them to take the rigth cra of them

Thansx a lot.

Too early in the morning for names but I can tell you that the outcome will not be good.

Good light and water #'s will be your only shot right now.

The first looks like some flavor of tongue coral and the second could possibly be a pagoda.I agree with the last being a bubble.

The second one looks like a retracted Alevopora or Gonipora to me. The others look a bit tough to guess by the pictures.

The second one does look like an Alevpora, which in the best water condition can have a very short life.

3 is likely a (dead or nearly dead) bubble coral. 4 is possibly a pearl bubble coral, which also looks nearly dead. 2 is either goniopora or alveopora. I don't know what 1 is.

The second one does look like an Alevpora, which in the best water condition can have a very short life.

Are you sure you're not thinking of goniopora? I thought alveopora were much easier to keep. At any rate, poster should read up on goniopora here: http://goniopora.org, as their care requirements are similar to goniopora.

3 is likely a (dead or nearly dead) bubble coral. 4 is possibly a pearl bubble coral, which also looks nearly dead. 2 is either goniopora or alveopora. I don't know what 1 is.

Are you sure you're not thinking of goniopora? I thought alveopora were much easier to keep. At any rate, poster should read up on goniopora here: http://goniopora.org, as their care requirements are similar to goniopora.

Can they be save? I would like to save them, they are in a quarentin tank now, but I have a 55 g tank with HQ ligth and all parameters OK, but I dont waqnt to put them there afraid they get worst insted of doing some good to them.

They are unther flurecent ligth so dont get a light shock.

Thanx

Doubtful that they'll survive. I'd suggest fragging off any parts of them that look alive and tossing the rest. They're going to need more light than standard fluorescents to survive.

#1 is a Tongue or Slipper Coral.
#2, no idea.
#3 and #4 look like dead or almost dead Bubble Corals.

Back