ID on a shrimp I caught today

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Name it Tinkerbell and make it part of your PP dance routine.:D

It is not a Urocaridella sp, they are Humpback shrimp and have huge eyes. Their body is also much narrower than Krish pic, which I'm 95 % sure is a Periclemenes sp

Hey krish,It looks almost like a periclimenes imperator shimp but maybe a juv:confused:
I'll put my money on Boomer:D

It is not a Urocaridella sp, they are Humpback shrimp and have huge eyes. Their body is also much narrower than Krish pic, which I'm 95 % sure is a Periclemenes sp

Krish hey man it looks like BoomerD has 95% and my 5%,makes it 100% A krish Periclimenes shrimp:D

So much for the rare shrimp. Thats the problem with wild shrimp, they dont know what powerheads are, i get that all the time when i get those S.Dakota shrimp in my tank too Krish, thanks for the mystery

Krish you know that rare shrimp you had;) I found it yep its in one of my old school books a 1982 encyclopeda of marine invertbrates,Edited by jerry G.Walls'

And yes its a periclimenes.That type was a adiverse genus with numerous species,but most are colorless and commensals of little interest to aquarists
and are found in the (Caribbeans) Dr.H.R Axelrod.:rolleyes:

So much for the rare shrimp. Thats the problem with wild shrimp, they dont know what powerheads are, i get that all the time when i get those S.Dakota shrimp in my tank too Krish, thanks for the mystery

LOL! Well, too bad he didn't have a second shot at life so I could have thrown him back to tell the others:p

Krish you know that rare shrimp you had I found it yep its in one of my old school books a 1982 encyclopeda of marine invertbrates,Edited by jerry G.Walls'

And yes its a periclimenes.That type was a adiverse genus with numerous species,but most are colorless and commensals of little interest to aquarists
and are found in the (Caribbeans) Dr.H.R Axelrod.

Cool man...Thanks! I just need to find another now. The good thing is the way my aquapod will be setup, I won't lose anymore livestock to powerheads:D

Yah, sure Dee make me go up staris ang go through my ancient books :lol:. Just came down. I thought for sure I had that book but nope another old Axelrod book with the same title :( And I know exactly what book you are talking about. It is really thick correct with tons of pics and many with no ID. ? I'll bet our local LFS still has it. She has lots of those old Axelrod books.

Back