ID Please...Carpet Anemone?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Marine

I bought the rocks and livestock from a Biocube not too long ago and am not positive of the identity of the yellow thing under the Xenia. Also, does it appear to be healthy or not? If it is in fact a carpet anemone, I will need to rehome it as I read they need large tanks to thrive. Thank you!

Last edited:
It is a mini maxi carpet anemone and gets just a bit larger..it will love your cube ..i have over 70 of them ..one of my favourite..u are lucky to have it!

It is a mini maxi carpet anemone and gets just a bit larger..it will love your cube ..i have over 70 of them ..one of my favourite..u are lucky to have it!

That's what I was thinking as well.

Thank you very much, Nata...glad I don't have to rehome it. It is one of my favorite things in my tank.

Maxi minis are cool! How big is that one? I had one for a few years that got to be about 7" across.

If I could get mine out of my tank without tearing it apart I would inna heart beat!! Total newb buy :( way back when and so far it's cost me 4 fish. Yupper these nems sure love to eat fish :(

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

I have a love hate relationship with my mini-maxi I love mine and has great color but my mandarin fell prey to it
bye bye fishy328.jpg

That totally sucks! I lost a Target Mandarin, Yellowtail Fang Blenny, Yellow Clown Goby & a Tailspot Blenny :(

Now that is truly sad. I put a sexy shrimp into the tank and he lives on the carpet and have not had any issues since

Omg! I have male/female Sexy's for mine too! I also now have 2 fish still alive! To funny-lol

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.

Back