Id Please

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I have some in my tank can't remember the name. I was told they are good and that people pay a couple of bucks for them. They are nocturnal and I only see mine at nignt. Hopefully someone will chime in with some facts.

Stomatella varia they are good for your tank. algae grazers that are mostly nocturnal. Mine reproduce.

yea, I have them too. Mine also reproduce. I hardly ever see one in the daytime but just last night I got up to 26 before I stopped counting. :p:shock:

Not the most attractive snails but they sure do a great job cleaning at night and then hiding during the day:D

yea, I have them too. Mine also reproduce. I hardly ever see one in the daytime but just last night I got up to 26 before I stopped counting. :p:shock:

Not the most attractive snails but they sure do a great job cleaning at night and then hiding during the day:D

Ditto. My overflows are quite the breeding grounds for these. I could probably count over 50 babies right now if I took the time.

nice Stomatella shot....

i have them in everything....

Ive made it a point to transport them.. there in the Qt/Shipping and Reseveing tank, the 5.5 and the 30

:lol:Lavenderfish I took another look at your shot of the stomatella and yes you actually glammed up a not so attractive member of our marine communities:lol:
:D

:lol:Lavenderfish I took another look at your shot of the stomatella and yes you actually glammed up a not so attractive member of our marine communities:lol:
:D

No kidding. :lol: I think the purple coraline algae really shows it in its best light. I saw it later with the foot all spread out. Damn thats ugly.:shock: :p
I am happy to hear it is a welcome addition.

Back